Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Nerea


I have drawn onto the last the design I would like.






I have made a mock up to decide how to approach the pattern pieces, and to test if my design will work.




 I did another mock up to try to work out the positioning and the length of the ankle strap. I am also needing to work out the size of the insole board, so I keep altering that with each mock up.




From this mock up I decided how to secure the shoe around my ankle. I had originally thought of a buckle, but was not too keen on using a buckle.

I chose to use pouch clips so I needed to decide where to punch my holes and the distances needed. I would really love to have only 2 holes, one for each clip.



My third mock up to test the insole board (I have it correct) and to try and eliminate the gap where the strap threads into the side pieces (I still haven't go it right)


pieces before they are put together

the gap I would like to eliminate


third, but not final mock up!


This is the leather and thread I will be using

upper


tool to make cuts for the leather to go between

No comments:

Post a Comment