Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Rossi

I only have this one photo of my Rossi Boot. We were given a brief which required us to design a jogger style safety boot for a male courier type of person. However, I decided to use my mum who is studying to be a Paramedic for the basis of my design.

We were given materials from Rossi and were able to ask questions about the design and be told how to close our uppers so they made it out of the factory. We were only to close the uppers and they were then sent to Rossi to be factory lasted and have injected moulded soles attached.

Rossi supplied the last. The boot was also having a steel cap inserted. It was a challenging design for me as I included a bellow tounge which I had never done and it took me a while to work out how to create it.

 My final design was quite similar to this mock up.

No comments:

Post a Comment